Consistent product quality is an essential requirement for our users. MWS maintains one of the most comprehensive testing facilities in the specialty wire industry, capable of testing per NEMA MW 1000 for insulated copper and aluminum magnet wire.
Testing Capabilities include:
- Contact and non-contact laser micrometer analysis, and cross-section optical measurements for concentricity, thickness, and corner radius measurements.
- Stress/strain analysis, tensile, yield, break strength values.
- DC resistance, dielectric strength, capacitance, impedance, continuity of insulation, completeness of insulation cure, and TCR (temperature coefficient of resistance).
- Thermoplastic flow, heat shock, insulation adherence, thermal endurance and solderability of insulations per NEMA MW 1000.
- Base metal chemical analysis accurate to 1 ppm.
- To customer specification, custom built test equipment for unique applications.